Update problems

Ideas for improvement
Dutchman

Update problems

Post by Dutchman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:58 am

• I have placed the app together with documentation and other info in the "BestBASIC" folder in the Programs folder. However, updates will place the new version in the Programs folder without notice.
• With a new version, the documentation is not updated, but must be searched and downloaded separately.
It is still a long way to go

kibernetik
Site Admin

Re: Update problems

Post by kibernetik » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:00 am

What do you suggest?
To embed all books files into the application?

The application has the built-in functions reference. This reference always has the latest information.

There are also books for novices who don't know what BestBASIC is and who want to get familiar with its syntax features. They are distributed in ePub and PDF formats. And also they will be translated into different languages. So, it will be a big set of files, and it will be available for separate download from the website.

Dutchman

Post by Dutchman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:30 am

kibernetik wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:00 am
What do you suggest?
To embed all books files into the application?

The application has the built-in functions reference. This reference always has the latest information.
I had not seen the help icon yet. Sorry.
I miss however the search facility that is available in the PDF doc

No I don't want all to be embedded, but that the app is updated at the chosen location, or that the location will be asked.
It is still a long way to go

kibernetik
Site Admin

Post by kibernetik » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:38 pm

Dutchman wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:30 am
No I don't want all to be embedded, but that the app is updated at the chosen location, or that the location will be asked.
I am afraid I cannot choose the location of the application. It is installed and updated by the system.